Total or Partial Hip and Knee
Joint Replacement Surgery
Joint replacement surgery replaces the worn-out arthritic joint surfaces with artificial joint surfaces that do not sense pressure or pain. Total joint replacement is an elective procedure and should only be performed when you are no longer able to deal with your current pain and disability.
Considering a surgery such as a joint replacement is a major decision. Our experienced and specialized physicians will explain the joint replacement procedure and help you understand the benefits versus the risks involved. Call to schedule your appointment today, (907) 364-2663.
- Severe knee pain or stiffness that limits your everyday activities, including walking, climbing stairs, and getting in and out of chairs. You may find it hard to walk more than a few blocks without significant pain and you may need to use a cane or walker
- Moderate or severe knee pain while resting, either day or night
- Chronic knee inflammation and swelling that does not improve with rest or medications
- Knee deformity — a bowing in or out of your knee
- Failure to substantially improve with other treatments such as anti-inflammatory medications, cortisone injections, lubricating injections, physical therapy, or other surgeries